I've been trying out fathead dough for months, and it always seems to fall short when I'm craving bread. Soooooo I tinkered with it a bit (aka beat the egg whites), added buttloads of spices, and here's what I came up with:
-3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 egg, separated
- Spices of your choice (I used oregano, basil, salt, and garlic powder)
Instructions: The most important thing is to have all the ingredients prepared before melting the cheese. The steps following the cheese melt have to occur quickly to make sure the batter comes together properly.
- Preheat oven to 325° F
- Separate the egg white from the yolk and beat the egg white until stiff peaks form; set aside
- Combine the almond flour and all the spices
- Melt mozzarella cheese and cream cheese in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds
- Add almond flour and egg yolk to the melted cheese until fully combined
- Fold in the eggs whites
- Spread on a baking sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes or until the top is browned
Just a former fat girl who loves food...
and her cat.
Visit me on instagram @actuallylowcarb