AMAZING and simple recipe for all your LCHF needs :)
- Bacon (I used about 14 pieces for the weave and 3-4 pieces for inside the log)
- Ground sausage (use about 0.8 lbs)
- Sliced cheddar cheese (I used about 4 slices, but shredded is ok too!)
- BBQ rub
- Sugar-free BBQ sauce (I used G Hughes Sugar-free Maple Brown - the sweetness was an excellent addition!)
- Preheat oven to 250, 300, or 350°* (see cooking note below)
- Make a bacon weave! Mine ended up being about 7 x 7 slices
- Cook the remaining bacon slices and crumble into small pieces
- Shape the ground sausage into a square slightly smaller than the bacon weave. Make sure it isn't too thick! I didn't use a whole pound because I wanted more even layers
- Add a layer of rub + BBQ sauce on top of the sausage
- Lay down the cheddar cheese
- Add more rub + BBQ sauce
- Sprinkle on the crumbled bacon
- Roll everything sausage layer and above into a log (leave the bacon flat), tighten up, and make sure the sausage seals it into a coherent log
- Roll the bacon weave around the sausage log
- Coat the entire log with BBQ sauce (also re-coat when you have ~15-20 minutes of cook time left!)
- *if you've got the time, I recommend cooking at 200° for 2.5-3 hours, but you can also do 300° for 2 hours or 350° for 1-1.5 hours. Whichever you choose, make sure the log reaches and internal temperature of 160° F.
- Cut and enjoy!!
Here are the macros for about 1/12's of the log:
Carbs: <1 g
Fat: 20 g
Protein: 11 g
Just a former fat girl who loves food...
and her cat.
Visit me on instagram @actuallylowcarb